Cedar Valley Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market
Property Types (active listings)
Find out why The Cedar Valley, IA is one of the most desirable regions in the great state of Iowa by continuing to read below.
Cedar Valley Surrounding Areas
The Cedar Valley Real Estate
There are a number of great cities and town in The Cedar Valley with only a 10-minute venture into Waterloo and Cedar Falls, making any lifestyle attainable.
Homes for sale in the Cedar Valley offer something for every style and need, whether you’re a young professional looking to purchase your first home, a family looking for room to grow, or seeking your forever home.
You’ll find single- and two-story homes with various styles and exteriors to choose from. Homes for sale in the surrounding area of Waterloo and Cedar Falls are often more affordable and enjoy a more relaxed, small-town charm. Discover beautiful yards that you, your family, and friends can enjoy in the summer with BBQs and serve as a peaceful location for building snowmen in the winter.
The interiors of these homes typically feature two to five bedrooms, one to three bathrooms, and ample living space. Find turn-key homes that fit you like a glove or your next project.
Luxury homes for sale in The Cedar Valley are often breathtaking structures with large, immaculately designed yards. The exteriors of these homes are often in brick or stone and feature large windows that allow natural light to spill into the interior of the home.
The interiors of these homes are often just as, if not more, beautifully designed as the exteriors. Enjoy thousands of open square-footage for you and your family. Enjoy multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, airy office spaces, state-of-the-art kitchens, and gorgeous spaces to entertain your friends and family.
Land and Farm
Build the home you’ve always dreamed of on an untouched lot in The Cedar Valley. Be the first to break ground on your forever home or your next investment property.
Discover rich farmland, with or without a house on site. This region is known for its agricultural excellence, from dairy to corn to wheat, petting zoos to wineries to equipment museums. These idyllic properties are a great investment for your next home and income-generating venture.
Whether you’re looking to expand your budding startup, relocate your office, or simply looking to invest, there are a number of commercial real estate opportunities in The Cedar Valley. With years of experience, the team at Fischels Commercial & Residential Group will help you to find the best space to suit you and your business’s needs.
Living in The Cedar Valley
The Cedar Valley is home to 5 university and college campuses and innovative schools from Pre-K to 12 public and private schools, many of which have implemented The Leader in Me program. This program is setting out to prepare students for life by providing them with the essential soft skills they need for a life of effectiveness and a competitive advantage in the workforce.
In addition to the school system, residents of The Cedar Valley enjoy excellent and accessible health care, recreational facilities, arts and culture, and so much more. With a short commute to major Midwest markets and hubs, you can enjoy the best of small town and metropolitan living.
The Cedar Valley, IA is home to nationally recognized historic downtown districts, state-of-the-art performing arts centers, more than 100 miles of recreational trails, the Cedar River, lakes, and state parks, and offers a short commute to Waterloo or Cedar Falls. For those reasons and more, it’s no secret that The Cedar Valley is a desirable place to call home.
- Athletics: unique robust sports scene. Enjoy collegiate and semi-pro teams, or get active yourself on the golf course or one of the many popular biking and running clubs throughout the rural and metro communities.
- Family Activities: Explore local farmers markets between May and October, take an art class, explore one of the numerous museums, attend the Cedar Valley STEM festival promoting Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Home to one of the country’s top waterparks. Before you know it, your family can enjoy the county fair and carnival season. Classic family outings like mini-golf, laser tag, go-karting, batting cages.
- Outdoors: Looking for a place to slow down and enjoy the fresh air? Relax on hot summer days as you float down a lazy river. Take a stroll through more than 300 acres of the woodsy Hartman Reserve or the Cedar Valley Arboretum & Botanical Gardens. Looking for more of a thrill? Put on your swimming suit and take a wild ride down one of the world’s few hydromagnetic water coasters. In the winter months, strap on your cross-country skis, snowshoes, or hop on your snowmobile and explore the hundreds of miles of maintained trails. The options are truly endless with vast outdoors at your doorstep.
- Arts: Home to a number of theatres and performing art centers that host impressive musical and theatrical productions throughout the year, such as 'RENT', 'The Nutcracker', 'Dirty Dancing', and 'Riverdance'. Experience film, poetry, musical events, and art classes. View permanent collections as well as regional, national, and international exhibitions. Create your own masterpiece at a Cedar Valley Drink & Draw or visit The Hive at Waterloo Public Library.
- Food: From food trucks to five-star, there are dining options to suit your every craving. Enjoy food from all around the world. The hardest part will be deciding what you want to eat. From wood-fired pizza at a classic Italian establishment to authentic Mexican food trucks. Vegetarian-friendly burgers to signature burgers made with local meat. Support local coffee shops and eateries or indulge in one of the nation’s favorite franchises. The option is yours.
- Nightlife: With the time you save during your commute, you can make happy hour a daily ritual. Head to one of the trendy downtown microbreweries or grab a stool at one of the beer halls. Head to one of the local taverns and enjoy a cocktail. Grab a group and head out to Cedar Valley’s wine region for a tasting and live music. See if is on your side at The Isle Casino or take in a live show instead. Take it back to your college days and head out to one of the local watering holes to play pool, darts, or fire up the jukebox while you watch your favorite team play. If you’re a lover of music, you’ll love summers in the Cedar Valley when you can enjoy outdoor concerts and festivals.
If The Cedar Valley, IA sounds like the place for you, reach out to the area experts at Fischels Commerical & Residential Group today.
Start searching for your dream home now.
When it comes to convenience, our site is unparalleled. Whether you're in the comfort of your home, or on the go.
Our site works flawlessly on multiple devices so you can find the information you need.